You can make the world a better place with one simple act: FOSTER A DOG!
Wagging Tails is always in need of Foster Heroes who are willing to open up their hearts and homes to an animal in need. Fostering is one of the most rewarding experiences and can be life-saving for many of our furry friends. It is a great way to learn more about animals and provide a homeless dog with a comfortable, loving home while they await their forever home.
The average foster varies from a few days to few weeks but the positive impact a foster has on that dog lasts a lifetime. A foster home’s key responsibilities are:
- Provide a safe, clean, and caring environment.
- Provide food, water, litter, toys/enrichment, and shelter.
- Provide exercise and socialization if appropriate.
- Monitor for physical and mental well-being.
- Transport to/from any necessary vet appointments in Thornwood, NY.
The care and attention of foster families allows Wagging Tails to expertly match our pets with prospective homes. The more animals fostered, the more lives we can save!
To foster with us, please complete a foster application.